Welcome to Hanscom Primary School
Grades K-3 Phone: 781-274-7721
Preschool Phone: 781-259-9403
Summer Office Registration Hours
July 2 – August 9, Monday thru Thursday. 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
The office is closed on Fridays.
Offices re-open for registration on August 21, Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:00
If registering a new student, please bring your child’s: Birth certificate or passport, immunization records, military id & orders, proof of housing (page 1 & 3 of lease). School resumes on Wednesday, August 29th for students grades 1-8 and on August 30 for PreK and Kindergarten students begin on August 30. For families who are PCSing and wish to hand carry their child’s records - please call during the above times and speak with a secretary. Please allow at least one week to prepare school records for release.
Upcoming Fall Dates
- August 14 (and 15 if needed): Grades 1-3 Literacy Screening (appointment upon registration only for students registering over the summer)
- August 22: Kindergarten Screening for students who move to HAFB during the summer. Please visit school office to register your child and make an appointment for K screening.
- August 28, 1:00-2:00 - Students and families entering grades 1-8 are invited to HPS and HMS Meet and Greet to visit their new classroom and teacher.
- August 29: Students grades 1-8 begin school (7:45 drop-off begins, 8:00 classes begin)
- August 29: PreK students and families Meet and Greet. Information to be emailed to families in early August.
- August 29 11:00 - Kindergarten students and their families are invited to Meet & Greet and visit their new classroom and teacher.
- August 30: PreK and Kindergarten students begin school (7:45 drop-off begins, 8:00 classes begin); Kindergarten Principal’s Coffee, 8:00-8:45- All families of Kindergarten students are encouraged to attend.
- September 20: Back to School Night/Family Information Night (adult intended audience only, please); 6:30-8:00PM
Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warrendelivers heartfelt message to Hanscom students, families, faculty, staff, and administrators in honor ofThe Month of the Military Child!
Information for New Families
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Hanscom Primary School serving students Preschool-grade 3 who are dependents of active duty or retired military personnel residing on Hanscom Air Force Base. At Hanscom Primary School we aim to keep student learning at the core of our mission. A caring and respectful school community supports our work and strong bonds to our students and families. Small class size, comprehensive curriculum, and highly qualified and dedicated teachers provide our students with a rich educational program that fosters outstanding learning experiences for children. Our program attends to academic, social, emotional, and behavioral growth and continuously challenges our students to achieve in a way that matches their strengths and addresses their areas for growth.
We take great pride and honor in serving our military children and families. We know how much you contribute to our nation and are eager to provide you and your children with a positive, highly effective educational experience while you are with us. On behalf of the entire HPS community, I welcome you to Hanscom Air Force Base and our school.
If there is anything that I can do to assist in your transition, please do not hesitate to contact the school office or me.
Beth Y. LudwigPrincipalBeth LudwigPrincipalGale WinchesterAdministrative Assistant
Hanscom Primary School | 6 Ent Road | Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts 01731
Phone: 781.274.7721 | Fax: 781.274.6414