Lincoln Public Schools Website - Accessibility and Usability Statement
Lincoln Public Schools is committed to providing a website that is accessible and usable to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility of our website. We ensure accessibility by using standards-compliant website software, by regularly monitoring the website, and by teaching staff best practices for making content accessible.
LPS partners with Blackboard, Inc. to host the district’s website and to provide the platform, Web Community Manager, used to edit the website. All their products are designed and developed in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA, and the Web Accessibility Initiative Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite (WAI-ARIA) 1.0. A third party conducts regular audits of the user interface, code and design techniques to ensure that accessibility quality expectations are being met and maintained. The Web Community Manager platform approaches accessibility in the following ways:
- Template-based pages and apps provide consistent interactions and user experience across pages
- Allows clients to configure their templates while still remaining within the color contrast ratio
- Provides full support for keyboard navigation
- Text can be resized 200 percent without loss of content or functionality
In addition to the accessibility features of the Web Community Manager, LPS has put the following procedures in place to ensure the accessibility of content on the website:
- The website is regularly tested using WC3-compliant accessibility software. Accessibility issues are logged and resolved in a timely manner.
- Website users can report inaccessibile content found on the website by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New staff take website training that includes how to make content accessible.
- All staff who edit the website review the accessibility training annually.
While Lincoln Public Schools is committed to providing accessible digital content for persons with disabilities, we realize that some content, particularly older content, may not be accessible to all visitors. If you come across inaccessible content on our website, please notify us, and we will make every reasonable effort to provide you with information that you can access.
You can report inaccessible digital content or any other accessibility-related concern by sending an email to email@example.com. In your communication, please include the url of the inaccessible content.
- Blackboard Accessibility
- Web Community Manager support for Section 508 Guidelines
- Web Community Manager support for WCAG 2.0 Level AA
Guidelines and Law