- Athletic Director - Scott Burke Phone: 781-259-9408 X1001 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hanscom Principal - Erich Ledebuhr Phone: 781-274-7720 X7300 email: email@example.com
- Administrative Assistant - Mary Gately Phone: 781-274-7720 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys Basketball Coach - Ryan Flaherty Phone: 781-274-7720 X email: email@example.com
- Girls Basketball Coach - Scott Dixson Phone: 781-274-7720 X7452 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Days and Times - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 2:50-4:30
The Hanscom Public School Athletic program offers a Boys and Girls Basketball team. This opportunity is offered to students in Grades 6-8. The Basketball season runs from November 29th to February 7th. There are no Athletic games or practices during weekends. All practices and games are held after school Monday through Friday excluding most Wednesdays.
To enroll your child(ren) into one of our Basketball teams, he/she must come to the Hanscom Middle School Gymnasium and signup after school on Thursday, November 15th. Thursday, November 29th is the first day of “Tryouts” for our Basketball program.
Practices and tryouts will be held after school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday.
DATE DAY TRYOUTS B&G TIME B&G TIME
Nov. 29 Thursday Basketball Tryouts Girls 2:50-4:00 Boys 4:00-5:15
Nov. 30 Friday Basketball Tryouts Girls 2:50-4:00 Boys 4:00-5:15
Dec. 4 Monday Basketball Tryouts Boys 2:50-4:00 Girls 4:00-5:15
Dec. 1 Tuesday Basketball Tryouts Boys 2:50-4:00 Girls 4:00-5:15
Kindly note that coming to tryouts and participating does not guarantee your child to a spot on the team that he/she signs up for. Regrettably, team sizes are limited to the number of students that is safe to coach and supervise for a season.
Under Massachusetts’s regulations for Physical Examinations of school children, no child may participate without the results of a physical exam on file in the school nurse’s office. All students must have had a physical within 13 months prior to the start of a season to participate in the Hanscom School Athletic program.
In order to tryout and participate in after school athletics, each student must have the following on file before tryouts begin.
- A signed Hanscom Athletic permission form.
- The results of a physical exam on file in the school nurse’s office.
- A signed Extracurricular Activities Medical Questionnaire.
- A Parent and Student Head Injury Training Affidavit signed by a parent/guardian and student.