Lincoln Preschool Philosophy
Our goal is to provide a developmentally appropriate preschool experience that addresses each individual child's physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth. The Lincoln Preschool sets high standards for all children while valuing and accommodating individual differences, strengths and needs.
The Preschool staff consists of teachers, therapists and tutors all of whom work with children to promote skills of play and interpersonal development. Children are provided with opportunities to engage in active hands-on exploration which fosters confidence, self-esteem, creativity and learning.
The Lincoln Preschool program provides opportunities for all children to:
- Develop social and emotional skills
- Expand language and cognitive concepts
- Develop listening and active communication skills
- Develop skills for increased independence
- Develop early literacy and math skills
- Develop physical skills and body awareness through games, creative
- movement and outdoor play
- Experience art, music, drama and dance
- Engage in dramatic play
- Building with blocks and legos
- Engage in sensory experiences through sand, water play, play dough
- Explore science concepts through observation and cooking activities
Our aim is to create a community of life-long learners by providing all children with a safe, nurturing environment and enriching experiences. These experiences assist in developing confidence, creativity and independence, and a sense of empowerment as learners. Our program prides itself on instilling a respect for and an understanding of diversity.
Last Modified on May 31, 2016