Support for Internet Access
If you do not have internet access at home, there are several resources available in different communities for assistance with internet access. Availability will vary depending on where you live. In addition, you may be able to add wireless hotspot features to any cellular phone plans you have and many wireless providers are increasing bandwidth caps, or eliminating them altogether. Please contact your wireless carrier (Verizon, AT&T, etc.) for additional details.
- Comcast Internet Essentials: Comcast is offering 60 free days of the Internet Essentials program (normally $9.95/mo+tax) to qualifying families. You may qualify if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others. Application is online at: https://www.internetessentials.com/covid19
- Verizon Lifeline Program: Verizon is offering 60 free days of their Lifeline program for discounted internet access to qualifying families. Eligibility information and application details at: https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/account/manage-account/lifeline-discount
- RCN Internet First: RCN is offering 60 free days of their Internet First program (normally $9.95/mo+tax) to qualifying families based on income. Application is online at: https://www.rcn.com/internet-first/
- Massachusetts Lifeline Program: State program to reduce or eliminate the cost of communication services for qualified households. Application is online at: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/lifeline-services
- City of Boston’s Wicked Free WiFi: Free wireless in some outdoor areas of Boston which may provide coverage in adjacent buildings. The wireless SSID is WickedFreeWiFi. https://www.boston.gov/departments/innovation-and-technology/how-wicked-free-wi-fi-works
- In addition please check with internet providers with service in your area as companies are rapidly adding new free and low-cost services to support students and families
If none of the options above are available in your area or are not feasible under current circumstances, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 781-259-9400 x4304, and we will work with you to find another solution.