Making Your Content Accessible
The LPS Web Publishing Guidelines include recommendations for creating content, mostly web pages, that is more accessible to all website users, including those with disabilities.
Important: If you choose to use fonts, colors, or formatting options other than those offered in the template, you must test the page for accessibility compliance by using the Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAVE) - see below for link. If the tool flags content as not accessible, the section editor must edit the content until it passes the accessibility checker. Contact the district firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help using this tool or determining if specific content is accessible.
Below are links to resources that provide instructions on how to make content more accessible.
- How to Make Word for Mac® Documents More Accessible
- How to Make Pages® Documents More Accessible
- How to Make Google Docs® More Accessible
- Microsoft Accessibility
- Google Docs and Slides Presentations
- Blackboard/Site Manager
- PAVE - Online PDF Accessibility Checker
- Upload your pdf to check for issues
- Correct the issues and download your corrected file.