Massachusetts Farm to School Harvest of the Month
By partnering with Massachusetts Farm to Schools, we share their values.Mission - Mass. Farm to School strengthens local farms and fisheries and promotes healthy communities by increasing local food purchasing and education at schools.Vission- All Massachusetts schools consistently teach about and serve local foods, supporting vibrant local farming and fishing communities and healthy schools, students and families.Priority Goals-
Over the next 3 years, our work we will focus on the following 6 priorities.
- 1. Increased Local Food Tracking, Procurement and Sales.
- 2. New policies enacted that support farm to school activity.
- 3. Community of people active in farm to school is grown, diversified and more engaged at various levels.
- 4. More schools implementing food & agriculture education.
- 5. Greater equity in farm to school activity.
- 6. MFTS is healthy and sustained.
Harvest of the Month for March - Dairy
This month we will feature Dairy
Please see the recipes below.
Strawberry Cornbread PanzanellaCome see what's new and fresh in our cafeterias!
Last Modified on March 16, 2023