Massachusetts Farm to School Harvest of the Month
By partnering with Massachusetts Farm to Schools, we share their values.Mission - Mass. Farm to School strengthens local farms and fisheries and promotes healthy communities by increasing local food purchasing and education at schools.Vission- All Massachusetts schools consistently teach about and serve local foods, supporting vibrant local farming and fishing communities and healthy schools, students and families.Priority Goals-
Over the next 3 years, our work we will focus on the following 6 priorities.
- 1. Increased Local Food Tracking, Procurement and Sales.
- 2. New policies enacted that support farm to school activity.
- 3. Community of people active in farm to school is grown, diversified and more engaged at various levels.
- 4. More schools implementing food & agriculture education.
- 5. Greater equity in farm to school activity.
- 6. MFTS is healthy and sustained.
Harvest of the Month for December - Carrots
This month we are featuring carrots from the Joe Czajkowski Farm in Hadley, MA!
Please see the recipes below.
Check out these carrot recipes: HERE
December Newsletter: HEREWe have partnered with the Worcester Regional Food Hub and Walden Local Farmsand are proudly featuring the following items in our cafeterias:
Carrots from the Joe Czajkowski Farm in Hadley, MA
Potatoes from the Pioneer Valley Growers Association in South Deerfied, MA.
Lettuce from Little Leaf Farms in Devens, MA
Vine tomatoes from Backyard Farms in Madison, Maine
Apples from Carlson Orchards in Harvard, MA and Breezeland Orchards in Warren, MA.
100% grass-fed burgers & ground beef from Walden Local Farms.