In grade four Spanish, the focus is on communication: speaking and listening. The following units are covered throughout the year:
- Spanish-speaking world and classroom communication
- All About Me: Feelings, Origin and Age
- My School & Classroom
- My Birthday: Dates, Days , Months and Numbers
- My Favorite Season: Weather, Seasons and Colors
- Fashion Time: La Moda Clothing, Colors and Body Parts
- My Favorites Animals: Farm and Zoo Aniamls, Descriptions
- Places in School and School Subjects
Grade 5 Spanish
In grade 5 Spanish, the focus is still on speaking and listening with integration of reading and writing.
- Review of Spanish-speaking World and Fourth Grade Topics
- Food and Drink
- House and Home
- Sports and Activities
7th Grade French
In 7th grade French the focus is on all four skills of language-learning: speaking, listening, writing and reading. The new text series we use is Bien dit! The following themes and grammar are covered throughout the three trimesters.
2014-2015Family, Descriptions, Possessive Adjectives, verbs être, avoir, er verbsActivities, Weather, Adverbs of time, faire, aller and venir verbs, near future, recent pastFood and drink, prendre, ir verbs
8th Grade French
In 8th grade French the focus is on all four skills of language-learning: speaking, listening, writing and reading. Students gain more independence in all of these areas and begin to take more risks in areas of strength for them. The following themes are covered throughout the three trimesters.
Family & Descriptions all regular verbsFood & Drinks irregular verbsClothing and Shoppping, past tenseReaders:La CopineEn été pas comme les autres.
Last Modified on November 10, 2016