What Makes A Family? ~ First Grade Photo ExhibitIn the spirit of being a Welcoming School, the first grade decided to showcase and celebrate their wonderfully diverse families! With generous funding from the Lincoln School Foundation in school year 2012-2013, the first graders took the following steps to create their "What Makes A Family? Photo Exhibit".
Questions to think about while viewing the exhibit
- Each student brought in a photo of their family.
- Each student wrote a short description about what their family likes to do together.
- Teachers put the exhibit together.
- K-4 classes visited the exhibit and had some very interesting discussions about "What Makes a Family?"
- The exhibit was later moved to the Brooks/5-8 end of the school to help start middle school-level conversations about respecting all families.
- Do all families live in one house?
- Do all families speak English?
- Do all family members have to have the same last name?
- How big can a family be?
- How small can a family be?
- Can an animal be part of a family?
- Do all families have two parents?
- Do all family members have to be of the same race?
- Do all families have a Mom and a Dad?
- Can families have two Moms or two Dads?
- Are grandparents part of a family?
Last Modified on May 31, 2016